Is there any way to make YUZU working on Mac?

Since i can use eGPU on macOS, just want to know is there any way to run YUZU on mac? on WTG windows with the version 317, Pokémon Eevee always shutting down without reason.
MacBook Pro 2018, 8G, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports, i5 2.3GHz

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Not natively, Apple removed support for OpenGL, and doesn’t allow Vulkan on their products. Metal or MoltenVK could be an option, but for them to run yuzu, we need support for geometry and tessellation shaders, which Metal lacks for now.
The only options are Windows or Linux on Apple computers for now, there’s nothing we can do from our side to solve that.

Regarding your problem in Windows, with Let’s Go, could you upload a log file? We may be able to help you fix that.

Do you know which eGPU you have? Also, as Golden stated, the only options are Windows or Linux, but due to Apple’s T2 chip, your only real option is running Windows (Bootcamp)

I speculate the reason why your game is not working is due to old drivers (Bootcamp installs ancient drivers by default)

You have to remove the old drivers using a utility like DDU, and install newer ones from Intel’s website https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29465/a08/igfx_win10_100.7985.exe

yuzu_log.txt (1.3 MB)

System Information for Support

OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable CPU JIT                                null
Docked Mode                                   [ ]
RNG Seed                                      [ ]
Use Accurate GPU Emulation                    [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

The eGPU I am having is Sonnet eGFX BREAKAWAY PUCK RX570. but it only works on macOS. I run YUZU emulator on Windows To Go on MacBook Pro 13inch (2018, 4 Thunderbolt) without eGPU. run on Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 655.

The log ends with an out of video memory, which is normal on our current vulkan implementation, try with OpenGL.

I updated my graphic card driver and try to turn vulkan to OpenGL. It helps but limited. Still crashing suddenly often. Everything is good when walking around the town. Once get into battle or house, highly probability shutting down.

1 Like

wait, so if I use bootcamp to make a windows partition, I might be able to run yuzu?

Yep, exactly.
20charlimit