Im playing TLOZ OOT in an APU Ryzen 5 3400g and im haveng some serious lag issues and its weird because i says in the list that the game runs perfect with a lower APU than mine. Also in youtube i watched someone playing the game in the Ryzen 3 3200g at least 50 fps and mine runs at 30 fps with a lot of lag in some parts of the game for example in the Hyrule Kingdom, The Lon Lon Ranch, Kakariko and the Sacred Forest Meadow. It seems that the lag is produced by the locations with more npc or enemies. Also the game freezes when you enter to a new part of the map, like enter a room or turn a corner. Im not english speaker as you can see ,sorry for my mistakes. I hope to someone to help me with this and thanks. This is one of my favorite games of all time.
- Operating System:
- CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g
- GPU: Vega 11 - Third Gen
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra 1724
- Game: The Legeng of Zelda Ocarina of Time
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping. citra_log.txt (13.0 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1724 HEAD-19617f7
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 3.3.1
Graphics Renderer AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics
GPU Driver Version 21.8.2 27.20.22025.1006
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region 2
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
- Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.
- You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.
You can try disabling Hardware Shaders in
Emulation>Configuration>Graphics>Advanced Tab. This sometimes boosts performance for AMD GPUs on Windows.
It gets worse if i do that
Well, I did say “sometimes”. Regardless, we can try a couple more things.
- Disable all your cheats, then restart Citra (important otherwise they remain active)
- Do not use save states. They’re a lot more unstable than normal in-game save files as they save the entirety of Citra’s state, not just your game’s state.
- This one is optional, mostly because this inherently makes the emulation less stable. Go to
Emulation>Configuration>System and set the CPU Clock Speed down to 50%. If the game starts freezing, set the clock speed higher and higher until you achieve a stable underclock and see if it helps increase the performance for you.
- Use Linux instead of Windows. You’d probably get at least 3 times the performance in Citra that you currently get on Windows. AMD’s Windows OpenGL drivers are just that bad.
Let us know if this solved the problem for you.
Thanks for help me , I will try to do what you told me, not saves states got it and i alredy disable the cheats, the cheats were for getting more fps, something that i watched in YT but is useless. The other part, Linux, im going to try it in a Virtual Box and see what happends. Its a shame that AMD has poor optimization with the OpenGL. You guys are totally great, thanks!
Virtual Box doens’t allow for Hardware accelerated graphics APIs like OpenGL. You’d have to install Linux on a partition or a USB stick to be able to use it with Citra I’m afraid.