Items Pocket in Bag CRASH/FREEZE/Can't use items - Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Issue:
Every time I open the Bag to Items pocket, the game starts to animate veeerrryyy slowly until it just freezes and Citra crashes. This doesn’t happen in the other parts of the Bag, and it just started happening when I got more items in it by the time I finished at Rustboro City. I haven’t inputted any cheats that might have “broken” the game. It’s annoying cause I can’t even use items anymore! Can someone please help? Thanks in advance citra_log.txt (73.8 KB)

Edit: I tried to play Omega Ruby and it’s still the same problem when you start getting more items in your bag. Is this a ROM problem or???

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.70GHz
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1601
  • Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (No updates)
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1601 HEAD-f72be7a
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
GPU Driver Version                            10.18.15.4278
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers
  • Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Already did these but the same thing still happens. I still need help!

CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers
  • Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Since you have i3-4170 which is a desktop CPU, do you know if you have a graphics card in your computer? If you are unsure, check under Display adapters in Device Manager.

Hi, I’m not sure what you mean if I have a graphics card? I do, it’s said in the above information and also in this screenshot? I updated it to 5500 and this issue doesn’t happen to any of my other Pokemon games on Citra (just ORAS), what can I do next? dxdiag

If this is dxdiag, please include the right side as well. It is there where driver version is written.

You should go to Device Manager though as I told you in my previous post. Like this:

Here you go. I can play Steam games fine on this computer, so I’m at a loss why a smaller game like ORAS is having bugs if the problem is related to my graphics renderer.

Ah ok, only integrated graphics :frowning:

Yeah HD 4400 is a problematic iGPU, you can fix these issues if you buy an Nvidia graphics card. It will also boost performance significantly.

But how does this directly solve the ORAS crash? I don’t experience any issue/problem in any of my other games at all, it sounds like a stretch to buy something just to fix the bag in ORAS though.

You can try redump the game using guides below to make sure the rom is clean. Have at least 4GB free space on your Nintendo 3DS’s SD card:

A rough idea how much a “basic” Nvidia graphics card would add: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-HD-4400-Desktop-115-GHz-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/m8064vs3639

23x faster :stuck_out_tongue: will help other games you have on Steam as well.

I don’t think I can try the redump thing, I don’t have a 3DS :worried: But thanks lots for the Nvidia rec!

Ask the person that dumped your purchased game(s).

Make sure you have read and understood the rules, especially the first one:

Ok, thanks for this, I’ll try to clean up the rom and see if it gets fixed.

Hey man, did you manage to fix this problem?