June 2018 update breaks OSX compatibility

Issue:
Hello there guys! :two_hearts:
I’m well aware that Citra on OSX is stated as 10.12+ compatible, but I’ve been using Citra Canary on 10.11 since late March without issues.

I never fired up Citra in the past month, and when I went ahead and updated it today I found out that Pokemon UM crashes right after the intro video on the latest version (canary-625 for the record). After trying a few Canary versions between the working one I had and the latest, I found the version that breaks compatibility: it’s canary-525 (dd778d7).

Citra crashes, and the Terminal outputs this message:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZSt19uncaught_exceptionsv
  Referenced from: /Applications/Games/Games files/Citra/canary/citra-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/citra-qt-bin (which was built for Mac OS X 10.12)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZSt19uncaught_exceptionsv
  Referenced from: /Applications/Games/Games files/Citra/canary/citra-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/citra-qt-bin (which was built for Mac OS X 10.12)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib

Trace/BPT trap: 5

:cry:

Emphasis on /citra-qt-bin (which was built for Mac OS X 10.12)

I know that I’m asking for help for an unsupported OS version, but is there any chance that newer builds can fix whatever it is that makes Citra crash on 10.11? Updating my OS is currently out of question, and while I can play with an older build of Citra, maybe the problem is trivial and easily fixable (and I’d love to stay up-to-date with the latest improvements of Citra :))

Thank you very much guys!

System Information

• 15-Inch Macbook Pro (Late 2011)
  • Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
  • Operating System: Mac OS X 10.11.6
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 2,4 GHz Quad-core
    • Cache L2 (per Core): 256 KB
    • Cache L3: 6 MB
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770M (1024 MB VRAM)
  • Game: Pokémon Ultra Moon

:tada:

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Of course dear Bot :robot: here it is!
citra_log.txt (17.9 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I’m not sure what it is that’s breaking compatibility, but you can try building it, although you won’t get updates.

Probably. Remember to change this line

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.12

Probably it will work. Who knows?