Kasaski's Shin Megami Tensei IV HD Texture Pack! (WIP)

Yeah, it’s normal thing

Hey lopsho, if you want to disable texture pre loading, you can disable “Preload Custom Textures” where you enabled custom textures, but it causes the game to get really stuttery.

As for textures, any textures I still plan on manually recreating are actually already included in the texture pack. At the moment they are AI Scaled, you can tell which is which due to the AI ones looking weird with letters. Most are UI textures under the “Misc” folder . If you plan on working on any UI stuff, I previously linked the font I use to another user in these comments. As for recreating icons, if they look intentionally like pixel art, please keep that style, otherwise just keep the general design in mind.

Any textures I havent included, I havent been able to dump, these are mostly background or conversation sprites, but i should have most of those now thanks to Merkava. The rest dont really benifit from being upscaled due to the 3d graphics filter the game has (usually 3d environment textures).

Thanks for being interested! Any help is really appreciated! At this point I’ve become less involved and this pack has become more of a community effort and im really happy to see that, as i dont have all the free time i used to have.

Oh, I will look into it :slight_smile:
I really like that pixelated style of some of the icons, will try to mix crispy HD stuff with retro-styled ones.

I had some free time recently, so I modified some of my icons (I made a few mistakes, like thinking the steps icon was exclamation marks) and added a few ones.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x3fW9ldkVp5TZKEK8n_b2aRaM_NVddD5/view?usp=sharing
(edit: a few little icons more)

I also tried to do a HD version of the cloudy background that appears in the touchscreen after opening the game menu, but for some reason the texture still shows colorbanding (the 3DS applies a filter or something?) so it’s pretty useless.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13hkUvcMYLyaoD4e2Y6byUy50Nnr39gZz/view?usp=sharing

Question:
Why are there some question squares marks in tex1_512x512_9DB25F14CE7CFF1C_2 ? Were there in the original texture? Maybe I’ll redo later… do you have the original demon portrait textures ripped? The big portraits, from their profiles? I would prefer to use the native big textures instead of the ones upscaled with filters

By the way, the latest Canary build breaks the custom texture feature (at least in my W10-RTX2060 laptop), so I recommend you don’t update for a while

2 Likes

Ok, my first small contribution. I went through Misc folder and remade some of the textures that were there, I also made all the orange prompts with the same lettering (same spacing between letters, so they won’t overlap). Unfortunately, I can’t test these textures, so I’ll just leave them here. I hope all of them work as intended, but I think on some of the orange prompts mine are like 1 pixel higher, I wasn’t sure if that would mess anything up, so feel free to test it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TbCzTy-EiQhNhif3M0F753FTs_Kj3rMJ?usp=sharing

Almost forgot, here is the Figma Project, it’s VERY VERY messy, but maybe it will help with fixing my textures. The layout is horizontal. On the left is original texture, on the right is remade one.

I’ll add two more. I had done a few more, but those have already been published by Lopsho (it’s not a big deal).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1--HjIF2fdmA24mxY_zs4Bf0k3UcwM72k?usp=sharing
(Edit: Updated the checking texture because one of the squares was 1px off)

I think it would be better to do a spreadsheet in Google Spreadsheets with the textures that are being worked on by someone and the ones free to be remastered so this won’t happen again.

Edit: Oh my, sorry for writing this post in Spanish yesterday… I was so tired I didn’t notice what I was writing.

Heyy I just download the your HD Texture Pack but the game doesn’t start for some reason. I downloaded the USA version with DLC pack. The game works fine without the texture pack. Can you please help me with this ?