Keyboard stops working after an hour

I’m playing on a Lenovo Y700 laptop & so far every 3ds game will deactivate my keyboard within an hour or two, then I have to reboot the laptop because the keyboard won’t let me type or do anything even outside of Citra until it’s restarted. Any help will be very much appreciated

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Is it possible for you to test out if a usb connected keyboard shows the same behavior?

Unfortunately not, I’ve never had a use for a wireless/wired keyboard as I’ve always used laptops

Try running Citra as an administrator (if you’re on windows that is).

My bad sorry, I forgot to list the troubleshoots
I’ve tried running as administrator & it worked for acouple hours last night but now it’s doing the same thing again, I’ve uninstalled & wiped it from the system along with the games acouple times but that didn’t work either

I’m running a BIOS update now to see if it fixes it

Start up Citra, then go to File>Open Citra Folder. Then open up the config folder and delete the qt-config.ini file found there. Then restart Citra (it should behave as if it’s the first time you’re starting it). See if the problem persists.

Thanks mate, the update didn’t work so I’ll try that now