Keyboard support for specific games?

Hi, I was just wondering if keyboard support for games that use it is still being worked on. I was doing some research, and it seems that development on it stopped around March of 2017. It would be nice to play Majora’s Mask 3D with the file name “Link” but as of right now, the emulator auto-names files and character names as “Citra”. I understand that this was something that was difficult to figure out, and that it may take a while before it can be implemented into the emulator. I just wanted to know if this is still planned to be added eventually, or if this feature was possibly forgotten about. I don’t know very much about code myself, so I wouldn’t know how to modify Citra to auto-name files as “Link” instead of “Citra”. Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to read my message, and please don’t feel rushed to implement this feature.

Applet support has been worked on repeatedly, and some of it’s functions are well implemented. In the near future you will be able to use a dumped softwarekeyboard from your system archives to enter names ingame.

See below post for information about a custom keyboard that wouldn’t require this (which is an entirely seperate issue)

I was the person who wrote support for that, but it has a few glaringly bad issues and will need a (mostly) complete rewrite before it gets merged to citra. I’m more than willing to help coach someone who is technical and would like to add this.

Thank you for the update. You’re doing great work with this emulator. I wish you the best of luck with development.