Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance Crashes At First Custscene

Issue:
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance crashes when booting the first cutscene of the game, not counting the intro. Does anyone know how to fix this please?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home 2004
  • CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU N3540
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1595
  • Game: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

*Citra Log:
citra_log.txt (55.6 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1595 HEAD-a348888
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                                 Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU  N3540  @ 2.16GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics
GPU Driver Version                            10.18.10.5129

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

Just checked and all my Intel Drivers are up to date. However I realized just now that some of my HP firmware is out of date, so that could be another reason. I’m currently updating it now as I type this

Alright so I’m back and it still crashes. It did say the compatiblity for the game is bad so oof. Is there any way to report compatibility?

Yeah the bot is a bit dumb when it comes to old GPUs.

Since you have an old GPU which can randomly crash due to a driver bug you might need to use Nightly 1392 until you upgrade your computer: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1392

It might not fix Kingdom Hearts but it would stop random crashes with other games.

Just downloaded that version and my issue has finally been fixed! From what I tried all my games except Dream Drop Distance work normally on the new Nightly and Canary versions, so I’ll probably still keep those, but at least I finally got the issue fixed. Thanks!

1 Like