Last update killed my performance

Was playing good’ol Fire Emblem Awakening yesterday, had some clean 60fps, 100% speed, alternating between options often to try to min max the performance, which was awsome, having a blast with the game so far. Thing is: today I opened Citra(Nightly) and an update came out, so I updated. When a started the game the performance dropped to like 40fps with JIT, and 34fps with hardware shadder. Sometimes lower depending on what I do in-game.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64.
  • CPU: Intel i5-4400 3.10GHzx2
  • GPU: R7 250. 2GB.
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1259
  • Game: Fire Emblem Awakening

Diagnostic Log
. citra_log.txt (47.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1259 HEAD-3786152
OpenGL Vendor                                 ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
OpenGL Version                                3.3.1
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [ ]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

About Accurate Multiplication, yeah… it just keeps killing my frames to a disgusting 25fps. Tried other options too, which they all keep lowering the fps even more.

So after trying everything that came up to my mind, I thought: “what if I restart my PC?” And so I did. And felt so dumb because guess what: got my 60fps back because magic or whatever. Let this topic serve a beacon for the future.

Hey, I know it may sound stupid, but if you have your windows update set on auto, more than often they will clog your machine when they download/install stuff, very noticeable while gaming.
I’d suggest you to set them for a time you usually don’t use your PC for heavy stuff.

If this isn’t your scenario, ignore this reply!