Latest Citra update made performance slower - HEAD-55680b0

Issue:
I have just updated my Citra, like 10 min ago. Before, playing Pokemon Ultra Moon i was getting 32-45 fps with a high resolution. Now i’m barely reaching in 30 fps. It would be good if there were a way to come back to the previous updates. Help?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 64bit
  • CPU: i3 2120
  • GPU: r9 290
  • Citra Version: HEAD-55680b0
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon

My log: citra_log.txt (301.9 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Please update to the latest Canary build.

1 Like

Me and a friend are having a similar issue with MHXX, performance seems to be about 2-3x worse than it used to be. He’s getting about 8-10fps in places where he had 30, and I’m getting about 2x higher frametime (from ~6ms it jumped to 12ms) in the same places and whereas lifting the limiter gave me ~60fps before, now it barely breaks 40. Seems to have slowly started happening over the last week or so of updates.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that from when shadows on MHXX have been implemented, i get this issue when I disable 3D mode:

Also on Mario Kart 7, there has been an aggravation of performance in the last canary versions (especially in some locations like Flower Cup)

1 Like

That issue is caused by your Nvidia GPU. Check here for a solution.

1 Like

Thank you, this has fixed the artifact issue

1 Like

Now with the version HEAD-4687ee7 i can get more fps, but only if i unmark “accurate multiplication” and “accurate geometry shader” (before i couldn’t), which are new settings, i believe.

They aren’t new. The settings can do the same thing as before, but now its checkboxes instead of dropdowns