Launching Game Causes citra exe to crash

*Issue
*:
Launching Story of Seasons automatically windows cannot operate citra-qt.exe file and closes it for me. Just to note, I did check to update my graphics drivers. windows says it is up-to-date. even if it seems like there is an update for the driver that I don’t have, it doesn’t apply to my driver because it needs to be done through my laptop operator and this driver version is apparently already the most updated version for my laptop.

System Information

• Operating System: windows 8.1

• CPU: intel core i5-3317U 1.7 ghz

• GPU: intel 4d graphics 4000

• Citra Version (found in title bar): nightly 1770

• Game: Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns 3ds

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (11.2 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1770   HEAD-88a4759
Operating System                             Windows 8.1 (6.3)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz | AVX
Graphics API                                 Unknown (?)
Graphics Renderer                            ?
GPU Driver Version                           ?
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

I should note that I did download that recommended scanner to see if my driver could run at least opengl 3.3 and it listed the openGL at 4.0 or something so that should not be a problem.

Ivy Bridge iGPUs suffer from driver bugs which require you to use an older Citra version to prevent random freezing from occurring:
Download citra-windows-mingw-20191214-ddb7ead.7z from Release nightly-1392: Merge pull request #5020 from jroweboy/dynamic-mf · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it using Winrar or 7zip. Put the extracted folder anywhere you want. Now run citra-qt.exe from the folder and run your game.

Hey thanks for the quick response.

The older version does run the game now, but since it’s an older version, the compatibility for the game is now pretty much “bad” and unplayable. The game is running very slow with no video whatsoever. I figure it’s probably better in later versions of citra, but inaccessible to my iGPU I assume?

This didn’t really solve the problem unfortunately, but thanks anyhow.