Less than 1fps during vision on Ocarina of Time

Whenever I use the vision thingy, the game lags to like 1 frame per 5 or so second. Is this normal? Or is there a way to fix this?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1080
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1828
  • Game: Ocarina of Time

PS: Is there a suggestion thread?

citra_log.txt (66.8 KB)
Screenshot 2023-01-17 234954

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

What exactly do you mean by “vision thingy”? Also, please upload a video showcasing the slowdown if possible.

Those hint stones that give out hints using visions

here’s the video link:

Hmmm, Right click on your game in Citra’s game list, and select Properties. Open up the System tab and set the CPU Clock Speed setting here to around 50%. Now try the vision stone again and see if there’s a difference in performance. If it starts freezing, set the clock speed closer to 100% until you have a stable underclock.

I tried doing that, tried setting the clock speed up to 150% as well, nothing works. I think the issue might be from my aging system since no one else has the same problem.

Can you upload a save file? So I can test on my end.

It’s not due to the save file since the problem persists even upon starting a new game. I’m not playing on an SSD (don’t have one) so that maybe part of the reason why I’m having this problem. Or maybe my copy of the game is corrupt, don’t know, the hint system is not something that is important, just that videos don’t run properly on my machine. The opening FMV on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate runs at 1 fps as well, so I’m guessing my HDD is the problem.

Using a HDD isn’t the issue if everything else ran fine. We’re also not saying that the save file is at fault. There’s meaning to testing your save file besides than that. For example, tywald has a different system than you, and if he encounters the same issue that you are (maybe due to a recent regression of some kind), he can troubleshoot further.

Regardless, it’s useful so that tywald doesn’t have to go through the entire game to get to the point where he can test this out :slight_smile:

So please upload the save file anyways.

I don’t normally share files over the internet outside of work, so I’ll try using Box which I never use before so here it is, hope it works:

Problem is though, I’m having the same movie playback issue on other games as mentioned before, which is why I suspected my HDD.

Is it 1fps at the menu or while watching a vision?

The visions are pre-recorded videos, so you can see compression artifacts etc (like a bad quality .mpeg or .avi).

At the Visions menu, I have 10fps on Ryzen 9 3900X and about 15fps while watching one.
This is at 100% CPU clock.

If I lower the CPU clock to 50%, I get 20fps at the menu and barely 30fps while watching.

At 25% CPU clock, It’s at 30fps at the menu but with crackling audio.

But yes, the visions feature runs very slow on Citra right now so it’s best to avoid them.

1fps at the menu and while watching a vision.
Another possibility is that my copy is bad, I’ll try another later.

I can test on my other computer later today which has i7-3770K.

Yeah I have 1-5 fps in the menu and like 6fps on the actual vision. Underclocking helps but can lead to freezes/crashes.

1 Like