Linux with audio problem

Issue:
I am trying to play Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia but every time a character speak, the game freezes. This problem is fixed on windows, but I can’t play on windows because AMD OpenGL support is bad and the game run really slow. Can somebody help me?

I don’t know how to get log on Linus

System Information

• Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • GPU: RX 580
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1269, but already tried with the newest nightly and canary versions
  • Game: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

The log has no info at all, since the game just freezes.

citra_log.txt (144.0 KB)

I don’t care about playing with sound, so if there’s a way to make the game playable even without sound, please share with me.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1269 HEAD-b0e9453
OpenGL Vendor                                 X.Org
OpenGL Renderer                               Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.26.0, 4.18.0-16-generic, LLVM 7.0.0)
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

You will most likely need to build yourself with additional packages. You can read more about it here: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/HLE-AAC-Decoder

I think this game had the same problem as with Pokémon X/Y

So I just builded Citra with the guide, but there is still the audio crash where the game just freezes. What could it be?

Did you install libavcodec-dev & libfdk-aac-dev as the instructions said? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I did. I installed libavcodec-dev and libfdk-aac-dev.
libavcodec-dev is already the newest version (7:3.4.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.1).
libfdk-aac-dev is already the newest version (0.1.5-1).

When I open the citra-qt this shows up
./citra-qt
inotify_add_watch("/home/user/.local/share/citra-emu/sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/00000000000000000000000000000000/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/00040002") failed: “No such file or directory”
inotify_add_watch("/home/user/.local/share/citra-emu/nand/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/00040010") failed: “No such file or directory”

And you built from source after those two were installed, correct?

Yes, I installed both than builded Citra using the guide. I builded the release mode, should I build debug?

Hey @tywald I just want to thank you for the help, I did it! I actually had to go for arch linux rather than ubuntu, but when I made the os change I successfully builded citra

The game is working now :smile:

1 Like