Load Yuzu directly with game from command-line or frontend

I want to use Yuzu within a front-end (e.g., Pegasus front-end). For this I need to be able to start Yuzu and directly load game (rom). Reading the documentation and searching the forums I understand this should be possible, however I cannot get it to work.

If I start Yuzu from the command line with the following arguments, it start the Qt GUI but the rom is not loaded:

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\yuzu\yuzu-windows-msvc> .\yuzu.exe “C:\Games\Switch\Switch Games\Cuphead [NSZ]\Cuphead [0100A5C00D162000][v0] (3.24 GB).nsp”

Next, I added the argument -f (for fullscreen) and -g for the game:
C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\yuzu\yuzu-windows-msvc> .\yuzu.exe -f -g “C:\Games\Switch\Switch Games\Cuphead [NSZ]\Cuphead [0100A5C00D162000][v0] (3.24 GB).nsp”

Again, the GUI is loaded, but the rom is not started. Then I tried to use the cmd line version:

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\yuzu\yuzu-windows-msvc> .\yuzu-cmd.exe “C:\Games\Switch\Switch Games\Cuphead [NSZ]\Cuphead [0100A5C00D162000][v0] (3.24 GB).nsp”

This works, as in, the game is loaded, but now I do not have sound and the controllers are not working. I can get the sound fixed by providing the qt-config file:

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\yuzu\yuzu-windows-msvc> .\yuzu-cmd.exe -c “C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\config\qt-config.ini” “C:\Games\Switch\Switch Games\Cuphead [NSZ]\Cuphead [0100A5C00D162000][v0] (3.24 GB).nsp”

But unfortunately, my controllers are not working. Am I using the wrong arguments? Or starting from the wrong path/working directory? My understanding is that Yuzu.exe should work out of the box with the -f -g arguments…

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

yuzu_log.txt (1.8 KB)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open yuzu again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen yuzu.
For more information, see Getting Log Files - yuzu

Yes Bot, thanks, that is kind of the point :sweat_smile:

Anybody that can confirm that the above is indeed broken, or is supposed to work?

I’m trying to do something similar.
Where did you find about the -c argument?
-a-