Local multiplayer offline

Hi! I haven’t exactly installed Citra yet, & the answer to this question would determine my choice to install it or not. (Sorry, English is not my native language)
Anyway, I’m planning to play Smash with my cousin using two controllers. I’ve watched YouTuve videos on how to connect a controller, but never got to find if I could connect two at once.
I’ve tried searching for this topic but none seemed to answer what I was looking for.
In simple terms:
I want to play Smash with my cousin using two controllers, one pc. (Like in the WiiU, where you could just connect two controllers & immediately play) Is that possible? If so, how do I do that?
Thank you so much, & I apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors :smiley:

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Hi @FluffChirp, what you want to do it seems to be impossible, for the simple limitation of the 3DS, if you can’t do in a real 3DS. you either can’t do in a emu

Yes you can, and its rather easy to set up:
Download and install citra, read the User Directory page, it explains what is necessary to get citra working. afterwards follow the guide on how to dump your games:
Dumping Game Cartridges
Dumping Installed Titles

By default citra is installed on C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Citra\ in a folder either ‘canary-mingw’ or ‘nightly-mingw’ depending on which version you have installed.

As you saw previously, your system archives and citra config files are located on the folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\, this is your default citra folder (1).

But you need two citra folders, each with its own configurations and files. to have this second citra folder simply copy either the canary or nightly folder. inside of it create a folder and name it user. inside this user folder copy the contents of the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\ to it (2).

Now you have two citra folders, each with its own files. the only thing you need to do is to regenerate both console id on Emulation > Configure > System and click on the Regenerate button.

Now you can simply open both citra by opening the citra-qt.exe file on both citra folders (1) (2).
on one citra instance go to Multiplayer > Create Room, set the room to ‘Unlisted’, remember the port name, other options are irrelevant, click on ‘Host Room’.

On the second citra instance go to Multiplayer > Direct connect to Room. to find your IP open a command prompt and type in ipconfig /all, look for the field ‘IPv4 Address’, put this ip address on the IP field, put the same port number that you used on the (1) citra, click on ‘Connect’.

Configure your controls, launch the game on both citra instances, host a match with one citra and join with the other. done!

1 Like

@Deathgasm
I see, you’re right. Thanks for reminding me, haha
@bio3c
Ohh, so that’s a way I could use to play together. Tysm! I’ll definitely try that out! It’s a really detailed explanation.

1 Like

Hahaha ur welcome, but i hope you have a good PC if you gonna try that :joy:

I could not create a room without internet and connect with another pc can help me