Lost save file on Yuzu

Hello, I decided to patch a mod into the game and when I tried to boot it up the data was all lost. Then I checked if the “main” file was still there, but I can only find “SaveData.bin” and “Backup.bin” inside the game’s folder. The user is also the same so that doesn’t appear to be the problem. Are these 2 “.bin” files still recoverable somehow, or did I just lose everything?. Thank you for any answers.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

right click game open save location, go back a folder or two and see if you have an user id folder with your old saves in there. Some mods corrupt or force the game to use new save / user save dir.

I just checked and I don’t find anything. Can’t I use the “SaveData.bin” and “Backup.bin” files to recover the save file data, or are they useless?

you ‘might’ be able to see if renaming the backup.bin to SaveData.bin helps any. I’m unsure otherwise unless you provide context to game. Some are designed different than others for saves.

also this will hopefully be addressed in future yuzu with filesystem changes to offer backups of saves files in hopes to overcome any potential corruptions to saves.

Judging by the other replies your save file is fine, likely it’s simply reading from a different folder now that the mod is installed, easiest solution is remove the mod or patch and try again. If you get your save back, track which folder has your old save file using open save location and replace the one the mod is making.