Low fps in a good (?) pc

I think my pc is good, i can play games like Dragon Age Inquisition and such, but when i’m gonna play something on citra the game is in extremely low fps even in the “low mode”, can someone help me?

System Information

• Operating System: Win 10
  • CPU: Intel core i5 7200u 2.70
  • GPU: non
  • Citra Version: latest canary
  • Game: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Fire Emblem

log
citra_log.txt (130.9 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I5 7200u is a good pc?
Lol it just an average mobile cpu with single thread rating under 1800.
You can test by check enable hardware shader on configurations to speed up citra

just use the canary build, and make sure to enable hardware renderer

that’s because you CPU can’t handle it. hell i run a intel core i7-8700 and still get the usual frame drop here and there. and can’t run battle animation on fire emblem fates :joy:. emulation is waay harder then normal gaming on your pc cuz it’s not supposed to work on pcs. Dragon Age Inquisition was designed to work on pcs emulated games were made to work on a specific piece of hardware so you can’t really judge the needed specs for emulated games. depends on the emulator stupid problems on some games FE:fates for example runs like a charm but crashes in your room and the ending and 4m after class advancement. so just live with it :stuck_out_tongue:

You can try going back to canary-483 and see if that helps. Personally I’ve had ridiculous performance degradation since 484 that still isn’t fixed while 483 runs up to 2x better.

i5 is not good you havent a GPU ? xD

My Laptop has GTX 1050 GPU with 4gb ddr5 and i7 770HQ Processor xD

the old code for shadow mapping was known to slow down some gpus (which was added in 484) but only for some specific games that use shadow mapping.

have you tested a recent build as there have been several improvements to the shadow mapping code since then. (it was rewritten from scratch as of 6 days ago). If you still have performance issues, let me know, and I’ll send you two builds to compare and where to post the results to get the dev’s attention

Performance seems to be almost as good as in 483 now, thanks for the heads up. Occasional dips into lower framerates seem to be a bit worse still but that’s probably to be expected with more accurate graphics.