Low FPS ingame Even with great PC

Issue: Having Slowmo , low fps On RESIDENT EVIL THE MERCENARIES 3D
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Operating System: Win 10
  • CPU: Intel core i7 7700k 4.20 (its the 4th on cpubenchmarktest btw)
  • GPU: Gtx1050ti 4gb
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): latest
  • Game: Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3d
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):Can not upload it now , sorry.

Log:

Paste your entire console window log here.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide: How to Upload the Log File

Citra is currently in very early stages of development. Games usually run less than full-speed even on the best computers. Expect bugs and glitches to appear in most games. Many features for a more stable emulation are still in the works. For any major updates, please visit our Homepage.

Try the Canary version, if you haven’t done so already.

This is also my question and I understand that citra is still a very early stages, but some games have been listed as “Working great” and I still have MAJOR issues with. For example New Super Mario 2 and Super Mario 3d land. They are basically unplayable on my computer, and I was wondering if it is a setting, my computer, graphics card etc.

The compatibility rating doesn’t include performance. It may run slow, but it doesn’t have any graphical issues.

Actually since I am just starting to use citra, I was using nightly. I changed to canary and super mario 2 seems good and super mario 3d stutters a lot on the 1st level but the second runs great. Is this expected?

Yeah, in the more open area you are, the more lag you will get. The lag problems are super common in Citra and one of the reasons is because we do all the graphics stuff on the CPU (scaled resolution is only on GPU right now). One of Citra contributors, Phanto-m, who did a huge speedup by rewriting the texture cache (the speedup is only in Canary, and that’s why NSMB2 worked better) is working on getting the entire video core ported to the GPU. Expect to see some huge changes in a couple of months.

1 Like

This sounds great! Thanks for the update

That “texture cache rework” addition to the Canary build a few months ago made a HUGE improvement in game speed for me in Dragon Quest 7 and 8. If another jump like this is planned in just the next 2 months, I may even see consistent 100% speed… won’t even need to turn on my real 3DS anymore, lol! Thanks to Phanto-m and the rest of the team for the continued hard work.

Might be late to this thread, but this game cant even start up for me, been trying to send a compatibility message but keeps saying error. I have a pretty good pc too… i7-7700k, gtx 1080 8gb, 32gb of ram, win 10 and the latest version of citra too