Low performance from version 1070

As of update 1070 I have been experiencing low performance in all games. Up until version 1069 I was getting a consistent 60FPS on the vast majority of supported games. In all releases from 1070 the FPS dropped to around 20FPS in all games (including yuzu early access). back to version 1069 and performance was normalized.
yuzu_log.txt (863.9 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 1078
Operating System                             Windows 11 Version 21H2 (Build 22000.739)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.3.205
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
GPU Driver Version                           NVIDIA 516.59.0.0
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 Normal
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Are you using a freesync or gsync display?

I have three displays, the main one is an AOC Freesync, the other two are simple models. I removed all displays and plugged in just a simple LG model. I also did the opposite, I only turned on AOC Freesync. The low performance issue persisted from version 1070 to update 1079. Anyway I’m using an RTX 2060 S GPU

Thanks, I needed to discard that to confirm the issue. Nagging the dev that added the improved core timings PR (seems to affect older CPUs).

Thank you. I’ll continue with the 1069 and hope that older CPUs will continue to be supported. The 4790k is still an “ok cpu” for my use, around here the new CPUs are still very expensive.

1 Like

:warning: Your log was deleted due to potential piracy. We don’t support illegal activities. Please dump the game from your console and then upload another log if the issue persists.

We do not support piracy here.

yuzu_log.txt (746.9 KB)

Client Version                               yuzu 1081
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1766)
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor              | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.2.175
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version                           NVIDIA 472.12.0.0
GPU Accuracy                                 Normal
Docked Mode                                  [ ]
Async Shaders                                [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

I am having same issues all games running sub 30fps

yuzu_log.txt (829.4 KB)

Log with newest version

Client Version                               yuzu 1083
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1766)
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor              | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.3.205
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version                           NVIDIA 516.59.0.0
GPU Accuracy                                 High
Docked Mode                                  [x]
Async Shaders                                [ ]

We have a RTX with 516.59 driver :thinking:

There are a couple things to confirm.
If you’re using a TV, confirm that the refresh rate is set at a value higher than 30hz.
If it is a Gsync display, either disable it for yuzu, or make the window lose and regain focus to fix low framerate issues.
See if the resolution scaling is to high, try a lower resolution multiplier.
Try with mods disabled.