Luigis Mansion 2 flash on ghost crash issue:

I was surprised to play Luigis mansion 2 at good emulator speed and audio .Until i flash that torch on that green ghost in the toilet room and the game crashes on the emulator .Making completing the first level impossible in the game .Is there any progress being made for this issue to go away
Pc specs:

• Windows 10(64 Bit):
  • Intel i5-8400
  • MSI RTX 2070 8GB
  • Citra Versio 1244:
  • Luigis Mansion 2
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Hi there ,I am not being able to get the copy of the log .As its always empty .When i click open on it . The emulator is crashing at the point when ever you flash your torch light on the green ghost to capture it .

Leave the log folder opened, launch your game, reproduce the issue, close citra and don’t open it again (opening citra again would generate a new log), now you should have a log on your log folder.

Here is the log file as required .citra_log.txt (18.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1245 HEAD-4a20623
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce RTX 2070/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [ ]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ before launching the game.

is this option going to resolve the issue im facing ?.It seems like an on-going issue that is making the game completely impossible to progress from the first level .

Issue not resolved ,cant progress after flash light on ghost because of emulator crashing at that point .Its been a long time since Citra was released .How com this game is still an issue to emulate properly ?

its basically how emulation goes, without much exception. its rather impressive how citra is able to emulate so many games at playable speeds.

Well i thought Luigis mansion 2:Dark moon should be playable by now without any issue .Given the amount of time taken to develop emulation for 3ds games on the pc . This is one game that is considered the best exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS .But citra is treating this game as an exception .Where as this was the only game that compelled me to download the Citra emulator .But not without disappointment .

Hello again Citra
Though there have been some updates to the citra emulator but the problem still is there .I tried on both canary and Nightly versions .Nightly version seems more stable. But am not being able to progress beyond the point where Luigi flashes his torch light on a the ghost inside the bathroom .The emulator freezes and crashes to desktop at that point . Though i see progress in game launch now but will this issue be resolved someday?

1 Like

Any updates to this? There’s only 3 DS games that I really want to play – this would be #1 on that list. It would be very much appreciated. Thank you for all your hard work devs. Please make a fix for Luigi’s Mansion 2 so we can get passed the crash after shining the flashlight on a ghost.

1 Like