Luigi's Mansion (3DS) Flashlight Not Rendering Correctly

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
The flashlight just renders very strangely in the room, cutting off the beam of light randomly. It worked on my PC on an earlier version of Citra, but I ended up having to switch to the canary build because the nightly build stopped working for me.

System Information

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (17.3 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Canary 2254   HEAD-2df04fa
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor               | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
GPU Driver Version                           22.8.2.220819
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

  • Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.

Enable Hardware Shaders in Emulation>Configuration>Graphics>Advanced Tab.

That didn’t fix it, also caused massive lag haha.

I’m having the exact same issue, I’m using the nightly build (1788) with the Hardware Shader on and no matter what this still happens, it seems like the renderer is in reverse casting the light of the flashlight behind luigi, just like your example photo. Weirldy enough Citra still says its “Perfect” compatibility.

Yeah, the frustrating thing is it was working perfectly fine in an older version of citra, but that version just stopped working on my PC one day and then when I updated this started happening. Very annoying.

I feel ya man, hoping they can figure out why this happens