m\My screen is filled with black glitchy lines

Issue:
While I try to play pokemon Y the game started with black lines on the screen,it does not go even If i try to.

System Information

• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
  • GPU: Nvidia Geforce 210
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1727
  • Game: Pokemon Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (722.3 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

Hi, this is an issue that was introduced on the latest Citra Nightly update when using old NVIDIA GPUs. A dev made a couple changes that should fix this. Could you test this out when you have the time:
Go to gl_format_reinterpreter.cpp: attempt to skip D24S8 to RGBA8 reinterpretation fast path for older nvidia GPUs, · citra-emu/[email protected] · GitHub
Scroll down the page, select linux-mingw. It should start downloading. Once downloaded extract the linux-mingw.zip file, then extract the citra-windows-mingw-20211006-be4266b.7z found inside of the extracted file. Open up the extracted head folder and run the citra-qt.exe file found within. Now run your pokemon game and see if the issue is fixed.

While testing the change is appreciated appreciated, you should be using your integrated GPU instead of your dedicated GPU, as I told you a couple months ago. That Geforce 210 you’re using currently is way weaker than your CPU’s integrated GPU. You should be using that instead. I’ve explained how to do so back then, let me know if you run into any issues with those instructions: Alpha sapphire Pokémon at 0 fps - #10 by SleepingSnake

1 Like

I have the same issue with Pokémon x. I had to download an older version and it works now. But only citra qt will load. Stupid update!!!

Are you using an old NVIDIA GPU?
If so, could you also give the build I linked a go to see if it fixes it for you?
If you’re not using an old NVIDIA GPU, could you upload a log file? That might help us identify why it’s happening on your end: How to Upload the Log File

I fixed the issue by using a previous version. Updates shouldn’t be breaking the game then have to jump through a bunch of hoops by downloading new software.

I don’t want to try it either. Took me an hour to get it fixed already. I don’t have much free time between family and work.

Indeed they shouldn’t. The reason that this update broke the game specifically for ancient NVIDIA GPUs is because those GPUs have faulty drivers. The new update leveraged something from those GPUs’ drivers that they should support according to their spec sheets. But they don’t work properly. We can’t test every hardware configuration before launching an update, so it’s understandable that something like this wasn’t tested before launch.

It takes less than 5 minutes to test it out. It wouldn’t take up much of your time. Probably takes the same amount of time that you took to write those messages.