Mario Kart 7 white screen and crash starting track

Issue:
After nightly 1180 update, I can’t play tracks any longer. Everything seems to load fine, can select courses, I see the track intro, but once the race starts, it stays in that first white screen, fps go down to 0 and I have to kill the task. It used to work just fine before. I still play it on 1180 just fine. But since then, no luck. I didn’t bother to report it earlier, as citra is still a work in progress and I assumed it would get fixed, but now I think it must be an error with something I am doing wrong in my end.

The format of the game is .cxi, I’ve dumped it from my 3ds and exported my data too.
Thanks for helping me with this issue.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 sp1
  • CPU: i7-3770
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1288
  • Game: Mario Kart 7
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (1.6 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1288 HEAD-cae913d
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 2

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Does it work on, for instance, nightly 1181? you can find previous nightly builds here. if so, test other builds incrementally or by bisecting from 1180 against the latest nightly build.

Oh my gosh!!! I feel so stupid after checking 20 versions… I found what I was doing wrong after [nightly-1213] where CheatUI was introduced… I had cheats on and those seemed the ones crashing Citra!

facepalm

I am really sorry for the troubles and thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated.

i’m also to blame, i didn’t check your log for cheats enabled.