Mario + Luigi : Paper Jam is very slow in battle mode

Issue:
I’m having an issue with Mario + Luigi : Paper Jam where the battle mode gets perpetually slower with the number of paper enemies you’re fighting. This can be seen early in the game when fighting goombas. Fighting at least 2 paper goombas makes the game speed unplayable! Weird though that I had no lagging and was able to finish both Mario + Luigi : Superstar Saga and Paper Mario : Sticker Star!!

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 x64 Home
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-6100U, 2.3 GHz, 2 cores, 4 logical processors
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520 - 1GB VRAM
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): CItra Nightly 1269
  • Game: Mario + Luigi - Paper Jam
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

As far as i know, the is no real fix to this at the moment. The best thing you could do is restarting the game after a battle if it starts to slow down. God forbid you end up having to do a boss fight with 17-20 fps.

(Very important tip: Do NOT save when you’re at the town in mount brrr. My save file was CORRUPTED when that happened!)

This actually does help because each battle gets progressively slower!

actually this was thing year ago then eventually it became fast but then it got downgraded with new updates again slower

I just updated to Citra Nightly 1281 and the issue with paper characters on the screen in battle mode seems to have been resolved. I was able to defeat Wiggler and Kamek with no slowdown at all!! :+1::+1:

I tested this problem myself and it seems to have been resolved!

1 Like