Mario Odyssey OpenGL Crash and Vulkan Crash on iGPU

I got even stranger results with Vulkan in undocked. The game would be playable at full speed but the screen was completely black and the UI would be flashing on and off. before when in docked in Vulkan the screen would just flicker in and out of seeing Mario and the controls would be unresponsive. Here is the log file for Vulkanyuzu_log.txt (303.2 KB) undocked:

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 1520 HEAD-2a2e03c2c
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300U CPU @ 2.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
RAM                                           7.92 GB
Pagefile / Swap                               9.77 GB
Graphics API                                  Vulkan 1.2.167
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
GPU Driver Version                            Intel Corporation 100.9316
Docked Mode                                   [ ]
CPU Multicore                                 [x]
Async GPU                                     [x]
Assembly Shaders                              [ ]
Async Shaders                                 [ ]
CPU Accuracy                                  Accurate
GPU Accuracy                                  High

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

[ 9.621207] Render.Vulkan video_core\vulkan_common\vulkan_device.cpp:Device:318: Device doesn’t support viewport swizzles
[ 9.621216] Render.Vulkan video_core\vulkan_common\vulkan_device.cpp:Device:384: Device doesn’t support depth range unrestricted
[ 9.645346] Render.Vulkan video_core\vulkan_common\vulkan_device.cpp:Device:413: Blacklisting Intel proprietary from float16 math

The Intel Vulkan driver is in very mediocre shape, I hope it improves over time.

thanks for the help. I guess we just have to wait for intel

Is there a way that I can report this to Intel so that they can fix this?

I don’t think so, it is not a PC game.
118 46

Reports to driver teams need to be followed with an easy to reproduce test case, yuzu isn’t.

1 Like

I went back to yuzu build 1310 that I had on my computer and tried out Mario Odessey again on Vulkan and it worked perfectly fine with the new drivers that had issues in the past. This leads me to believe that it is not the drivers but something that yuzu implemented since build 1310. I will do more testing with builds after 1310 to see around which build the error started to occur.
yuzu_log.txt (275.0 KB)

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 1310 HEAD-727225127
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300U CPU @ 2.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Pagefile / Swap                               1.95 GB
Docked Mode                                   [x]
GPU Accuracy                                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I have done a ton of testing with multiple builds to see where the problem arises for Vulkan. The problem starts after build 1360. 1360 is the latest build I have that works and I know for sure that the problems start on build 1365 as that is the earliest build I have where the problems start. I will give the log files for both builds. I tried testing this on mainline as well but I couldn’t get a definite build where the problems start but I did get it down to a range of about around build 525 to 540 that problems start to happen.

yuzu_log.txt (223.5 KB)

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 1360 HEAD-ed6c61428
Pagefile / Swap                               4.86 GB

yuzu_log.txt (209.5 KB)

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 1365 HEAD-ca62f88b8
Pagefile / Swap                               6.39 GB

@GoldenX86 What do you think?

It’s hard to track changes out of the Early Access builds.
Their date suggests that this is cose to mainline 515 and later, could you confirm the exact mainline build that starts the issue? Releases · yuzu-emu/yuzu-mainline · GitHub
With that we can know the exact change that caused this and start fixing it.

Thank for letting me know what to do. I have been testing out a bunch mainline builds thats why I havn’t responed more recently. I have found the yuzu mainline build 519 is the last build that allows me to play the game without any noticible issues. Once I play on yuzu mainline build 520, gameplay has a black screen overlayed over it but I can still hear what is going on, I can move mario around, and the in game ui promps works like normal. In build 520 the cutscene still work like normal as well. I did futher testing and found that after yuzu mainline build 538 the cutscene stop working but I am able to skip over them to get into gameplay. Once in gameplay I can still hear what is going on and I can move mario arround but the ui promps are broken and they keep flickering on and off and they do not move the screen when finished. There is a photo of this in pictures above just imagen that it is flickering though. I have made list notes for each of the builds and I will post the log files of builds 519, 520, and 538. Let me know how I can help.

516 - no problems noticable
517 - no problems noticable
518 - no problems noticable
519 - no problems noticable
520 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
521 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
522 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
523 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
524 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
525 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
526 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
527 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
528 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
529 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
530 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
531 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
532 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
534 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
535 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
536 - black screen in gameplay can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI works as normal though.
538 - cutscenes have a black screen and gameplay has black screen but I can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI flickers on and off and is basically broken.
539 - cutscenes have a black screen and gameplay has black screen but I can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI flickers on and off and is basically broken.
540 - cutscenes have a black screen and gameplay has black screen but I can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI flickers on and off and is basically broken.
541 - cutscenes have a black screen and gameplay has black screen but I can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI flickers on and off and is basically broken.
542 - cutscenes have a black screen and gameplay has black screen but I can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI flickers on and off and is basically broken.
543 - cutscenes have a black screen and gameplay has black screen but I can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI flickers on and off and is basically broken.
544 - cutscenes have a black screen and gameplay has black screen but I can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI flickers on and off and is basically broken.
545 - cutscenes have a black screen and gameplay has black screen but I can hear whats going on and controls are responsive. In Game UI flickers on and off and is basically broken.

yuzu_log.txt (229.6 KB)

Client Version                                yuzu 519             . HEAD-mainline-636-4449-g698fd2f2e
Pagefile / Swap                               9.76 GB
Assembly Shaders                              [x]