Mario Origami Crashes near end of game

I’m at the cut scene near the end of the game in Bowser’s Castle where the minions have just stormed the castle. Somewhere near the start of Kamek starting to speak, the game freezes and then yuzu crashes. I’m playing this on the steam deck and up until now, the game has been working great (actually there was a crash once before, but restarting it didn’t crash again). Any advice on how to get past this crash? I imagine the issues i the number of objects in the cut scene (all the folded soldiers fighting the minions)?
yuzu_log.txt (2.2 MB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 1058
Operating System                             KDE Flatpak runtime
CPU                                          AMD Custom APU 0405 | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.2.195
Graphics Renderer                            AMD RADV VANGOGH
GPU Driver Version                           radv 21.3.8
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 High
Docked Mode                                  [ ]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Have you compared the latest appimage of yuzu vs flatpack?

Mmm by compare do you mean install it and run it? I have not done that as all the guides I’ve followed specify installing it via flatpak from the “app store” on the steam deck.

if I were to install the latest version of the emulator on a windows machine, could I transfer the save file, play enough on the windows machine to get past the crash point, and transfer the save file back to my steam deck? do you think that would be a work around to progress in the game?

Downloads - yuzu under manual build is a linux icon for latest appimages.

You could transfer save over to steamdeck sure.