Memory leak on windows 10 #800

Issue:
So i notice like other forums that user that have a mac have this problem, but i dont use mac i use my labtop. im wondering if there is a setting or something that is making it happen. thanks for the help

System Information

• Operating System: System Model HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc5xx

• CPU: Processor Intel® Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2712 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

• GPU:

• Citra Version (found in title bar):

• Game: Dragon Quest VIII

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

will do tonight

qaewtfrhyuijmok

citra_log.txt (42.6 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

How much memory leak are you talking about and how long until it happens?

About 1 gig in like 30mins. it crashed my computer when i wasnt noticing

It crashed your PC or Citra itself crashed?

pc completely froze when it reached max memory. had to restart it completely

I’m having this memory leak on my end too. Canary #800 and the last Nightly from 5 days ago.
Specs:
i5-6200u
intel hd 520
4gb ddr3l | driver: Version: 24.20.100.6194 (Latest) Date: 7/11/2018
Windows 10

Just like Andrew_Gomez, after 30-50minutes memory starts low but keeps increasing until the OS freezes and crashes my pc. This happens when I play Shin Megami Tensei 4 - Apocalypse, Rune Factory 4 didn’t seem to have this issue.

citra_log.txt (122.2 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Is build 800 the first build that this happens on?

No. I’ve been having this issue since since Canary-619/Nightly-790. Unfortunately I can’t say much about builds older than those two.

I’ve downloaded some old Canary Builds, that I chose randomly, in order to know if the memory leak was always there or something introduced in later versions. And apparently on Canary-419 the memory leakage is not present.

I’ve been playing SMT4-A for 60 minutes in this build and the memory usage peaked at 800mb, then it went down to 400mb, 300mb. Compared to the 1.8gb usage on the newer builds.

So I decided to look even further and do some old fashioned trial-and-error testing to check in which build this memory leak issue came from. And I think I did. Canary-443 seems to be the build where this issue originated and still persists from.

I don’t know what could be causing this but there were no issues regarding memory leaks prior this build(429, 439 and 442 were fine) and anything past that build has this issue.

The only change at that time is this commit, which meant to workaround an AMD bug in separate shader object. It might trigger bugs in other drivers.

same here. im currently at 4.2 gb in ram n citra. crashed pc last night before i saved.

i have the same issue when playing Pokemon X. for now using some memory/cache cleaning application like CleanMem helps with those leaks. for now all i/we can do is wait for their response about he said issue. XD

this is a new issue in the latest canary, but we have a fix for it and it should be going live within a day.

Guys,i’m have the same problem with the memory leak evrytime i try to open any game in citra it just take all my memory and i have to restart the pc, i was playing pokemon y when this first happen but i can’t find a solution