MH4U crashing 😕

Issue: Hello hello, so here’s my recent problem : I’ve downloaded Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate yesterday and it was working (well atlleast I could open the game and see the first cinematic, I haven’t actually played the game), I have seen on discord a cheat code that puts 3D off and that’s supposed to make the game run smoother or whatever, but it needs vers.1.1 of the game. I did my research and have downloaded the update, and while trying to use that update I have apparently done a mistake that might have affected citra’s files (?) and I can’t access the game anymore (???)
For clarification, I can still use citra, I actually have another game that I can still run without any complication, MH4U doesn’t even have an icon anymore and crashes instantly when trying to load it.
I doubt the problem does come from the .3ds file, since I had kept the crypted version of it and have decrypted it once again to find out it still doesn’t work. I have no understanding whatsoever of this issue and come here seeking for help :slight_smile:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1399
  • Game: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
citra_log.txt (6.2 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1399 HEAD-01686f7
OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Follow the guides to dump the game and update correctly:

I have no doubts those will work, but does the fact that it can stop working make any sense ?
I’m by no means qualified on those subjects, excuse my lack of knowledge :confused:

I can pretty much tell from the filenames that you have that you pirated, when you dump yourself you don’t get these names from godmode9 :stuck_out_tongue: So no doubt you used faulty files.

A regular 2DS is enough for dumping if you want the cheapest option(or well technically if you can find a friend who has a hacked 3DS it would be “free”(since you can just ask, hey can I borrow your 3DS to dump some games?)). Of course you still need to buy and own the games you plan to dump.

Edit*
Make sure you have the following:

1. Access to a hacked Nintendo 2DS or 3DS(XL versions also work), either your own or a friend’s.
  2. Own the game on either cartridge or digitally(needs to be on your own Nintendo 3DS).

Then you can follow the guides above to do all of this properly.

If you downloaded MH4U and its update from websites for piracy then we cannot help you, sorry. Make sure you have read and understood the rules.

So I have dumped the games correctly, but the problem still stands, neither of my versions of the game have an icon and citra crashes instantly when loading. I was wondering what could still be wrong ?

Also, something I have failed to mention in my original post is that the game originally had a valid region (EU) which has been invalidated somehow, hope it helps

citra_log.txt (5.3 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1399 HEAD-01686f7
OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 -1

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

What version is your godmode9? Did you pick “standard” when you dumped the update? Make sure you have enough free space on your SD card before dumping, preferably 4GB.

Delete the previous update by right clicking on the game and pick Open Update Data Location, close Citra, then go back to the 0004000e folder and delete 00126100 (and/or 00126300) folder before trying to install the update again.

Deleting the 00126100 file solved the problem (for now :sweat_smile:)
Thank you very much :grinning: