MHGEN Black screen

Issue:
After the latest canary build 815 i’ve been getting black screens in my emulator after a couple of minutes ingame in MHgenerations then the emu stops responding and it all turns to black then crashes, even my nightly build does the same. Is there something that can fix this?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Education 64-bit
  • CPU: i5 2320 3.0Ghz
  • GPU: GTX 750 Ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 950, Canary-821

Go back to 814 and see if it has the same problem. upload your log for additional info.

i went back to 812, still the same result, i can’t show a log since the emu only turns the its screen to black then goes “Citra has stopped responding”

just go to the log location after it crashes C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log

citra_log.txt (4.5 KB)

citra_log.txt (22.6 KB)

wait, here’s an updated one

Dropping your log for the bot
citra_log.txt (22.6 KB)

but i did find that you are using an outdated GPU driver, download and install the latest. also update citra.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

citra_log.txt (442.0 KB)

here’s an updated ver of canary with new driver update
still the same result, idk if there’s any changes in the log tho

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Are other games working?

funny enough, yeah. my MHXX works fine

close citra, open the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\config and move qt-config.ini file anywhere temporarily (this will reset all settings), open citra and launch your game.
(move qt-config.ini when you are finished). if that doesn’t work, try redumping your rom.