MHXX Crashing on nightly build, also occasionally stutter eventhough im at 110% speed

Issue:
the crash does’nt happen too often, but when it did it crash the app to the point of having to force close, usually happens on a loading screen after saving the game.

also, i notice there’s an occasional stutter (frameskips?) happened during the game with no particular cause. this happened even though im playing on a stable 30fps and my PC can even run 80+ fps if i disable fps cap, my guess is it has something to do with inconsistent frametime? im not sure but is there anyway around this?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
  • CPU: i5 4690 3.5ghz
  • GPU: GTX 1060 3GB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1280
  • Game: Monster Hunter XX (english patched)
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Edit: so, a new version update came out literally right after i posted this, this time im using canary 1371, same problem. but the good news is apparently monsters roar were’nt as bad as before. i’ve been switching a lot between capped/uncapped framerate to speed up the game in some part, could it be the cause?

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (3.3 MB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1280 HEAD-73bf92f
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1280 HEAD-73bf92f
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Yeah the “frameskip” has been an issue for a long time and we don’t know the cause of it yet. Monster roars, sonic/flash bombs, Astalos/Hellblade slowdowns were “fixed” with a hack that as on Canary 1041 but has since been taken out.

Is the crash related to this issue? https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/4637

i played alone, but yeah i use thunder weapon quite often recently. i just got a game crash just now, not using a thunder weapon, but i am fighting astalos and this is the first time i found out about astalos slowdown.

edit: added info, i never crashed while inside a quest (so far) almost all of it happened in loading screen when heading back to the village

mhxx.app

Hm, did you install MHXX as .cia? It looks like you renamed the .app that gets installed.

Also remove the patch temporary to see if it still crashes.

Try redump it but follow the guide(s):

Yeah i renamed it so it’s easier to find. I was trying to create a desktop shortcut that would boot straight to the game (but failed lol) it shows an error whenever i tried to boot directly from shortcut.

Anyway, tried the canary 1041 and gameplay is smooth as butter now even when facing an astalos mid-roar. Havent played long enough to see any crashes though. Im suprised people did’nt just stick to this build for MHXX

You can read the reasoning why the hack got removed here: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/4089#issuecomment-437635046