MHXX random crash when on the armor set menu

Game runs fine but whenever I go to the armor set menu to check my registered sets the game freezes and Citra crashes.

Gaming laptop

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: i7-7700 HQ 2.80 GHz
  • GPU: GTX 1060
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1697
  • Game: Monster Hunter XX

Diagnostic Log: citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1697 HEAD-918e9e1
OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Did you transfer from like MHGen where you registered sets using for example Lodestar pieces?

Not simply tranfered from Gen. Here’s what I did:

• I converted my MHGen save to MHX via the MHX save manager app on 3DS;
  • Then I passed the now converted MHX save into MHXX;
  • Backed the MHXX save on citra from 3DS by using the checkpoint app;

It was a bit messy to figure it out but it worked, or I at least I though so because of the armor menu crash.

On Citra you can simply rename the save folder to 00001554 (which is the ID for MHX) and MHXX will detect it. But yeah, need to sell Fire Emblem, Strider, Okami, Ghosts 'n Goblins items(both crafted & materials) and unregister sets that used them before transferring. Can just backup the Gen save folder before you do that.

Maybe try transfer again after you have done that? Need to purge the XX save though(delete it) since you can only transfer when there are no characters on the XX save.

I can try that, I still have my save on 3DS and I can easily back a version with all the DLC items sold beforehand.

Thinking about it, if I download all the DLCs on 3DS and then transfer the save. Would that solve the issue?

You still need to get rid of what I mentioned before transferring because they didn’t exist in MHX, the Japanese version of MHGen. Sure they added them in MHXX but that doesn’t help.

Ok, just a sold a DLC set that got carried intto MHXX. the registered sets menu works now!

1 Like