MHXX runs fine, but I get disconnected in a few minutes after i join a room

Issue:
Always when I enter a room with my friends I get disconnected after a while (or they break off from the group, if I’m the one hosting)

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10
  • CPU: i7 7700
  • GPU: GTX 960
  • Citra Version: Citra Canary 1404
  • Game: Monster Hunter XX
    citra_log.txt (80.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1404 HEAD-68056af
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Check your internet connection stability.

My internet (and my friend’s) is stable, but I get disconnected all the same. Maybe it’s an emulator setting?

Is your game lagging? try reducing the internal resolution. close other apps/processes that download stuff on the background.

Also your log shows that you have is_new_3ds=true, which may cause issues, close citra, open the ‘qt-config.ini’ file located on C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\config and change is_new_3ds=true to is_new_3ds=false.

Tried all of that, unfortunately it still disconnects. After 15 minutes in a quest, suddenly we drop off. I really don’t know what’s the issue, in the past we used to play flawlessly, very weird.

This is my friend’s log, he saved it after he crashed, one minute in the quest

citra_log (9).txt (69.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1310 HEAD-643a396
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Debug <Critical> core/hle/service/nwm/nwm_uds.cpp:operator():1022: Assertion Failed!

Yes, MH games can sometimes trigger asserts.

In the log it triggered this one: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/blob/11754778bb443d83b6966138f7b222c6b6e4db19/src/core/hle/service/nwm/nwm_uds.cpp#L1022

Here are a couple of others that can trigger as well:
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/blob/11754778bb443d83b6966138f7b222c6b6e4db19/src/core/hle/service/nwm/nwm_uds.cpp#L320-L322
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/blob/11754778bb443d83b6966138f7b222c6b6e4db19/src/core/hle/service/nwm/nwm_uds.cpp#L464

Is there a fix for the issue? Or is it totally random?

These asserts are intended so you(as a user) can’t really fix them.

There are other issues such as hub being full when it’s not so these inaccuracies might lead to these assertions. I tried to investigate why that is but didn’t really find out why. There was a case when it switches to 4 players it goes into ad-hoc mode which wasn’t actually supported.

It is possible to prevent these intended crashes by removing the assertions but they are there for a reason :stuck_out_tongue: @B3n30 wouldn’t like just taking them away. More research is needed why they are being triggered in the first place.