MHXX slowing down significantly whenever flash bomb is used/ being roared

Issue:
Just like the title said, I haven’t dig deep into the game yet to find any more scenarios, but these 2 situations happens a lot, although it goes back to normal when the flashbang/ roaring effect disappear, I’m still quite scared they will disconnect me whenever they happens in multiplayer, I tried turning off 3d feature, and it did improve (from 100%->30% to 100%->60%) but as you can see it’s not enough. My brother computer, whose specs is a lot weaker than me, does not have this problem for some god forsaken reason

System Information

• Operating System: window 10
  • CPU: i7 6700
  • GPU: GTX 970
    I also have 16GB RAM
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): HEAD-08b1191
  • Game: Monster Hunter Double Cross
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): do you really need it? If yes, I could try to record a video of it with my phone(recording with pc slows Citra down to 80%)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

slowdown is from a texture cache miss. whenever that happens, how much it slows down for is very strongly related to your resolution scale. you likely have a much higher resolution scale compared to your brother’s computer. native will yield the best speed results (but looks like garbage imo)

is there any way I can improve it without reducing my res? for some reason, anything that’s lower than 1280x720 gives me that “black cubic” problem…

yes, I did try that out, it fixed the problem at 1280x720, but for lower resolution there’s still a few cubics left

From my experience it shouldn’t result in disconnects as long as the person hosting the quest has the higher speed, but even if it’s not it’s probably not going to be an issue if it falls only for a short while. A buddy I’m playing with often has 20-25fps depending on the map and we had maybe two disconnects in ~100 hours.