Mighty Gunvolt Burst [USA] - Black screen/soft lock

Issue:
In one stage(probably the last one at this point in the game) there’s teleports that lead to bosses. The second column, top row, has a teleport to a boss that always softlocks/black screens the game or just crashes the emulator with a runtime error message.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
  • CPU: Intel [email protected]
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX760
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): HEAD-65f5bc7
  • Game: Mighty Gunvolt Burst [USA](1.3.1 Patch)
  • Screenshot of Issue:

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (9.1 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Is this DLC related?

[ 163.856415] Service.AM core/hle/service/am/am.cpp:ListDataTitleTicketInfos:832: (STUBBED) ticket_count=0x00000001, title_id=0x0004008c001c7700, start_index=0x00000000

This looks like it’s pointing towards DLC.

But there’s no DLC installed… Like I’ve read many times Citra doesn’t load DLC. The only ““DLC”” it has is Ekoro which is included with the game, as of the 1.1 patch(you just load the game save on the Data Transfer option).

Besides the stage is part of the campaign, why would it search for DLC?

BTW that’s the room. The monitors which are grey(static is showing up, it’s just not in the photo) are the bosses defeated. The one that’s red is the teleporter to Cryogen, which is the one that I should be facing but isn’t loading because, as you said it’s looking for DLC for some reason…

Another logcitra_log.txt (30.7 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I hate to resurrect a thread as old as this, but I would like to add that the last build that that teleporter worked on was build 368, going by the Canaries. So if anyone is trying to play through this game, and gets to the level talked about in this post, you can go back, grab 368, and run it in that to allow you to finish the game.

I’m not sure what of the changes from 369 actually broke this one tiny thing in the game, but 369 is indeed the straw that broke that camel’s back.

Edit: Proof:

Reproduce the issue (with latest nightly) and upload your log.
ignore it, i saw your other thread.

It’s all good. To be fair, this has technically now been an issue for well over a year, it’s just… Well, I don’t think there’s a whole lot of people out there trying to play this game on Citra, other than me, and the original OP. So it’s understandable that it hasn’t really been addressed over more pressing features, bugs, and game fixes.