Migrate Your Savefiles

Read more here.

There seems to be some confusion: You can ignore this guide if you’ve downloaded Citra for the first time after December 6th, 2016.

I tried to do the first step but when I got to the local part I didn’t have the Citra folder pls help

Make sure you’re only downloading from the official Citra website, and make sure you’ve updated to the most recent Nightly/Bleeding Edge build. The “%localappdata%\citra” directory that the guide specifies is the generic installation directory for Citra. The “%appdata%\Citra” directory is the now migrated “User” folder. If you do not have either of those directories, then you’re more than likely using an old or unofficial build.

Can’t access the user folder in citra directory

1 Like

If you don’t have a user folder in %localappdata%\citra, then you don’t have to worry about anything (as long as you’re using the Bleeding Edge or Nightly).

I also cant get the access to the user folder i have downloaded from this site only.
I am using the nightly build edge and computer is windows 8.1 .
PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Do you not have files in the directory %appdata%\Citra ?

Hello! I can get to the last step, but when I enter Citra, there is no user folder… Everything else is visible except that :confused: Please help! Thanks and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Edit: I do have the latest official nightly build

@Reagan_Albright You don’t need to worry if there’s no user folder. This guide is only for those who used older builds of Citra.

in my nightly build there is no user folder so what should i do to migrate my save file
and what is the location of pokemon sun save file

hey there i want to use my game savefile in citra for pokemon moon
i see you said there is no user folder anymore… so how is it possible.
ill post a picture of what’s inside the folder i downloaded

this should really be posted in its own thread. but to save you and I the time, just open citra and right click the game and choose “Open Save Data Location” If thats not an option, load the game for the first time, and play the game enough to make a new save file and save. After that you can open save data location

hey thanks for responding but its not an option? The most i see is “select game directory”… which takes me to an empty folder that says platforms and nothing more.

i did get to a point where i saved and my savefile comes up everytime i load it. I just want to add a different save file and i can’t seem to find the location.

also ill leave photos

im not seeing a way to this screen at all. is there a paath to get to this screen with the games and covers of the games?

nowhere in citra folder is this

or the citra app

is it because my moon rom is a .3ds file?
do i need something else

because that click brings me blank even after i saved an in game file

… open a new topic and discuss it there if this doesn’t make sense. please don’t hijack threads like this in the future.

Step 1: setup game list. Choose the folder with your 3ds games in it.
Step 2: right click the game and choose open save data location.
Step 3: it should open a explorer window to a path like "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Citra\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\00000000000000000000000000000000\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00040000\00175e00\data\00000001"
Step 4: put your save file named “main” there

If you need further assistance, please open a new topic about it.