Mii maker cant make mii, freezes after making a nickname

Issue:
Mii maker works completely fine up until i have to name my mii, as the keyboards that come up on the tocuh screen are all blank, with no lettering on them whatsoever. After hitting what would be the done button on the bottom right, the app freezes completely with no error message, but the music continues to play. screenshot below of the keyboard.

any way to work around this? I’ve already done the shared fonts thing

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: AMD A8-5500 APU
  • GPU: GeForce GT 1030
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly HEAD - 50def5a
  • Game: Mii maker

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

There was no error for a log to be created of

That’s how system applets are in Citra currently. They cannot be closed and will hang the emulator when exited.

i think older versions of citra would just input ‘citra’ for you, you can’t choose your mii name, but it works.

It’s the same with the latest. OP has system applets installed to the emulated NAND. It will only happen if applets aren’t installed.

So what youre saying is that if i dont have applets installed, ‘citra’ will be inputted as my nickname instead. So is there a way for me to uninstall them?

Uninstalling the applets would lead to undesired behavior, most likely. My guess is that the game would just crash.

Specifically the software keyboard system applet not being installed would input Citra since it’s hardcoded. Though some games can still crash even when it’s not installed. For other applets, I think most of them are stubbed like the Mii selector applet when starting a new game in Super Mario 3D Land so it can still work without it installed.

Okay, so im gonna have to uninstall the keyboard applet, probably temporarily. How would i go about doing that, is there a specific file i could move elsewhere until i get this sorted?

Applets are installed in %/Citra/config/nand/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/00040030 though the keyboard will depend on what region 3DS you dumped from (System Applet list). Personally I would move the 00040030 folder since none of system applets work properly right now.

Did that, now im able to make a mii properly, thanks for your help!