Miitopia Can’t load anymore:
I downloaded miitopia and citra 1461. as i’ve played through the game, its taken longer and longer to load, and as i’ve updated citra, its gotten slower and slower. i’ve gotten to the third area, and i’ve been making the miis in-game. the game will load, but upon finishing loading (which in itself takes 5 minutes)
citra as a whole just closes down without any explaination.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
- GPU: RTX 2070
- Citra Version (found in title bar): 1465
- Game: Miitopia
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping. citra_log.txt (13.7 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1465 HEAD-23921e3
OpenGL Vendor NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer GeForce RTX 2070/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version 3.3.0
GPU Driver Version 445.75
Enable Hardware Renderer [x]
Enable Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders null
Enable Shader JIT [x]
Enable Vsync null
System Region -1
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
Hi, I’m investigating a bit on this matter but in other games however I haven’t been able to replicate these crashes yet.
Do this to check something for me:
- Open Citra then
File->Open Citra Folder
shaders folder then
- Screenshot the content in both
transferable folders so I can see how big the .bin files are in them.
Thanks! I will try reach around these sizes in my testing. One last thing, how long did you usually play for until this became a problem?
To fix this in the short term, turn off
Disk Shader Cache in the graphics options in Citra or delete these .bin files(which you will have to do every time this happens).
well, i had created 10 party members, approx 17 npcs, and was about halfway through the campaign.
if you are going to be emulating my play, it will take quite a while, so sorry about that.
if theres a way for me to retrieve my save file and send it i will, but for now i have to sleep.
I see, nah I would need to experience this journey myself to build up the shader cache on my computer.
Some details i did forget to mention
- ALL miis i made were made in game, and because miitopia has a slightly better mii maker, they are saved to the game rather than the mii maker
- this shader cache has built up and was at about 25k when the game decided to go kaput
- there were 10 party members, 1 dark lord, 1 great sage, 8 greenhorne inhabitants, 4 royal guard, 1 neksdor, 1 genie and 3 elves made specifially by me - totalling to 29 miis made in total. all of them would’ve been saved to the rom itself.
this doesn’t acccount for the 15 miis that were randomly selected, so in total, out of 44 miis, i made 29 of them.
man u can just disable used disk share
That worked. Thank you.
I didn’t want to toy with the settings out of fear it’d break it.
Well I did mention about it earlier
sorry, i struggle to read some stuff in certain fonts.