Missing library error on Fedora since the last update

Issue:
After updating Citra Nightly to version 715, the program fails to launch every time. Trying to run it in the terminal shows this error message:

./citra: error while loading shared libraries: libsndio.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

System Information

• Operating System: Fedora 28
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz × 4
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 960
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 715

Edit: No log since Citra can’t start in the first place. It’s blank.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

yum install libsndio6.1

1 Like

That command doesn’t work, it only says no match found.

I tried building the library manually (from here) but Citra still can’t find it. Does libsndio.so.6.1 need to be in a specific directory?

I made a compatibility rpm of sndio for use with Citra on Fedora 28. The rpm installs libsndio.so and creates the libsndio.so.6.1 symlink to /usr/lib64. It works fine for me.

Edit: Since I’m not allowed to link to system files anyone may PM me if you want to try the rpm.

Thank you, but I’ve actually tried reinstalling Citra after seeing your post and the latest version works without issue. So I guess that fix isn’t needed?

It’s not really a fix. It’s just a RPM I made of sndio that isn’t available in fedora’s repository. Glad you got it working though. I updated my Citra from an older release and got the same libsndio library error. I’ll try downloading Citra fresh form their website and see if I still get the error.

Edit: On the fresh install I still get the same libsndio missing error as with the upgrade. Oh well, either way i got it working.

1 Like

hey can you setup a fedora repo we can add and use please this sndio is a horrible library that needs to be removed but till it is we could use the help on yuzu also