MK7 Grand Prix and Credits Issue

In Mario Kart 7, after beating each Grand Prix, the ending credits is played, no matter which Grand Prix it is. On console, the credits is only played after the Special and Lightning Grand Prix, and the credits can be skipped by pressing A. In this issue on Citra, not only that the credits is played after any cup, it’s also impossible to skip it. You either wait for it to finish or end emulation. Otherwise, the game is fully playable without glitches or crashes.

Standard troubleshooting stuff

Windows 10 Home 1803
I7-7500U Locked at 3.3GHz
NVIDIA GT 940MX
Canary 605 (same issue on all earlier builds)
Mario Kart 7

Citra doesn’t detect any errors so log won’t help here

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Would you mind getting a video of this happening in Citra?

Ok I’ll record a Grand Prix
I’ll be pressing every button during the credits and of course you can’t tell from the video

Here’s a video of the credits after the Leaf Cup, which doesn’t happen on console
And I’m pressing every button there is during the credits and still can’t skip it
Skip to the end if you don’t want to watch my trash driving :stuck_out_tongue:

Might still be helpful if you could post the log.

Hmm…the log is empty

By any chance, could this be happening because your Citra save is 100%'d? i just feel that a bug causing this is pretty unlikely.

Yes it is, but so is my save on 3DS. I can remember the very early Citra versions (like in 2016) didn’t have this issue, even with 100% save file.