Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Only 7 FPS

All other games I have tried run just fine. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a slide show at the Capcom splash screen. The audio appears to be playing at a similarly super slow pace. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Windows 10 64 bit
Fx-8320 OC’d to 4.0 gHz
GTX 970
Citra version - latest canary build (downloaded it last night)

I know my system isn’t the strongest but other 3DS games seem to run just fine. I was using a decrypted rom of MH3U, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Citra is currently in very early stages of development. Games usually run less than full-speed even on the best computers. Expect bugs and glitches to appear in most games. Many features for a more stable emulation are still in the works. For any major updates, please visit our Homepage.

Thanks for your response. I realize Citra is in the early stage of development, but this particular game is listed as functioning “Great” according to the main website.

Apparently, “Great” means “Game functions with minor graphical or audio glitches and is playable from start to finish. May require some workarounds.”

I am not able to reproduce that level of functioning with the latest build and I’m trying to figure out how to do so. I can’t even get to the title screen. So I was wondering if there were some settings I should fiddle with to improve performance in Citra or in my GPU’s control panel?

Or perhaps the lastest build changed in some way that broke functionality with this game since January when the game was reported as great?

The compatibility list doesn’t include performance. The game might run at 5 FPS, but still get a Perfect rating if it doesn’t have any graphical / sound issues.

In that case, I would humbly suggest that the definition of the term “Great” is somewhat misleading.

To me, a game that runs at 5-7 FPS is not “playable from start to finish” in any practical sense. I sincerely doubt I would be alone in that assessment.

I appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing on the emulator. If a game doesn’t work yet, it doesn’t work. And that’s cool. That’s how it goes. I’m sure it will work just fine eventually.

I dont know why but monster hunter 3 ultimate its just at 5 fps instead of monster generation who run perfectly i don’t know why somoene can just explain it to me please ?

Capcom set the internal fps cap to 3000 in the game code (yes, it is ridiculous) so Citra thinks MH3U wants to run at that.

Use the cheat code to change it https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-games-wiki/wiki/Monster-Hunter-3-Ultimate