Monster Hunter 4U DLC help

Issue:
So to my knowledge, the DLC for MH4U is under extra data. I had a save file on CITRA and wanted to port over the DLC, so using checkpoint on my modded 3DS, I transferred the save over, downloaded the DLC, and transferred it back. When I did so, I did not have the DLC. I right clicked mh4u and went to the extra data folder and overwrote the original with the one which should have the DLC that I pulled from checkpoint, yet I do not have any of the extra missions or bonus palicos and stuff in game. I was wondering if someone could help with this. Thank you!

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1564
  • Game: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Try break it down into steps, maybe take photos so we can follow your process, then we can probably spot where it goes wrong.

1 Like

Alright, here is a step by step process:

This is a picture of the 3ds version showing my DLC missions and them popping up correctly:

Then I travel to checkpoint, and change it from save data to extra data:

I back up said data, here we called it, “extra data pc save”

Then I opened the SD card on a laptop, and went to the extra data file location:

Then I transferred the files to my desktop, opened Citra, right clicked MH4U and went to its extra data location likea so:

It took me here, I noted that the folder is called “00001263”. There were already the DLC files in here because I have done this before, hence why I need help, but anyhow:

I placed “extra data pc save” in the directory after moving “00001263” out, and renamed “extra data pc save” “00001263” in order to rightfully replace the original with the new file from the 3DS.

Now after the rename, here is the final result of our move from the 3DS to the pc:

Finally, I opened citra, opened MH4U, went to check on the DLC, and it says:

Where did I go wrong, does anyone have any idea? Lol

Ah there we go, the files from checkpoint needs to go into the user folder. I have the EU version (1261) and it looks like this:

Be careful about card1, card2, card3 files, avoid let Windows “overwrite” them, you might lose the ability to save! (has happened to me). Placing the files without overwriting works fine though, i.e delete the old files first.

1 Like

Thank you so much, you’re awesome! I had files already in there of the same name so I assumed I didn’t need to move them into the user folder, but I deleted the old ones, moved it in, and now it works like a charm!

1 Like

You download it from Capcom’s server in-game on your Nintendo 3DS. Then you dump with Checkpoint:

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

You means you have pitated the game… If that’s the matter then our community won’t help and please do read the community guidelines…

1 Like