Monster Hunter Generations not working

Issue:
When trying to emulate Monster Hunter Generations, the screen stays black, then one sound is played while the console is throwing an error and then emulation stops. I have tried this with dumped System Archives and Shared Fonts. Additionaly, Citra doesn’t seem to fully log the situation.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 870
  • GPU: Radeon RX 470
  • Citra Version (found in titlebar): 9007c48
  • Game: Monster Hunter Generations
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): http://puu.sh/veYeW/9cc5a2a571.png

Log (Strangely Incomplete, see Screenshot for error message): https://pastebin.com/VsBCgTvy

Your issue is related to the lack of Geometry Shaders in recent versions of Citra. Monster Hunter games don’t perform very well currently, but if you still wish to try, download Bleeding Edge 86. That is the last version to include Geometry Shaders.

This is how it looks in the more recent versions of Bleeding Edge:

The menus and backgrounds will appear in BE-86.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ll be giving it a try, just out of curiosity.

Monster Hunter Stories - JAP / Run Intro and Menu 6 FPS

Citra is still alpha-quality. Low framerates should be expected, especially for certain games.

The game loads and at least gets in game now, there are some odd graphic glitches and a LOT of spam in the log, however.
Win 10 64
i5 6200U
940m
Nightly Head - 5880771

Congrats on getting the game running though.

Edit: I’d include an actual log file, but I don’t know where I’d find that.

First, You need to force on-board graphics when launching Citra, this can be done in Nvidia control panel. You will get at least another 2-3 fps. Unfortunately, Citra works better without dedicated graphics card. Forcing on-board graphic card also solve the graphical glitches in your screenshot. Go try it.

Second, run the game at native resolution, I know it looks bad on laptop but you will get most FPS. I got almost 20+ fps in missions, though fps in village is always around 15-18. This game is highly playable now, in fact, I already completed the first few missions using the nightly build.

Good effort on the team, I can see MHgenerations running perfectly in the next few month.