Monster hunter xx astalos

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
I can set my resolution to max and run the game just fine but when astalos is on the same screen it slows down and becomes unplayable

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10
  • CPU: intel i3
  • GPU:geforce gtx 1060
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citra canary 654
  • Game: monster hunter xx
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping. citra_log.txt (380.6 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

This is due to texture cache misses, the same problem you get during monster roars and flash/sonic bombs. To mitigate it, run at 240p(native resolution). See if that helps.

Thats it? So no real solution for this? Everytime i got astalos quest i need to set it to the shittiest resolution?

Yes. There was a hack called “Ignore Format Reinterpretation” in an older texture cache version (https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/3281/commits/34ff77f5f75c4532406a3e140f037ddc098174ad ) which allowed texture cache misses to be ignored and that helped but it broke other games like Paper Mario so it was taken out.

I think the next step would be to implement hardware texture decoding/encoding iirc. There is no ETA for that though.

Is citra addressing this problems through future builds? If that’s the case ill wait till mhxx run perfectly in citra. Thanks for the replies

And btw is there a fix to this one ?

Render.OpenGL video_core/renderer_opengl/gl_shader_gen.cpp:SampleTexture:221: Using Texture3 without enabling it*

Don’t sorry about this. It is probably a harmless warning. Do you notice graphical inaccuracies?

No graphical glitches or anything but i assumed this is the reason why my game is too slow. I disabled 3d on mhxx but it doesn’t help at all. Any recent build i try works just fine but i need this specific build because it solves my problem with astalos making the game super slow. I dont want to turn the resolution to lowest setting every time i have a quest on astalos. Found a video on youtube where he shows this build from dec 2017 works fine with the game and it doesnt slow when you hunt astalos.