(sry for my poor english)
I installed a M1 native build by following guide to figure out some way to improve gaming performance. Citra macOS M1 arm64 build (But idk whether it actually works)
Anyway it runs perfectly without any crucial crush or error. But frame rate is only 15fps, almost unplayable.
As you can see, the attachment below shows that the citra fully utilizes my GPU source to run this title. Such phenomena always existed regardless of my internal resolution setting(even at native 400x240).
So I think this problem is caused by limitations of compatibility or performance of M1 but I wonder if there is other ways to deal with it.
- Operating System: Mac OS Monterey 12.4
- CPU: M1
- GPU: M1
- Citra Version (found in title bar): idk
- Game: Monster Hunter XX (Ultimate)
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
citra_log.txt (181.2 KB)
System Information for Support
Client Version master-141471e38
Operating System macOS 12.4
Graphics API OpenGL 4.1
Graphics Renderer Apple M1
GPU Driver Version ?
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [ ]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region 0
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
- The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.
Turn off the 3D display feature in the in-game options at the title screen. It will also clear up the image.
Oh, it not only clear up the image but also increase the framerate!
Yet it dose not solve the problems clearly but now it sustains about 25-30fps, much better than before and playable.
I’ve never thought about such thing. Thank you!