Most recent tutorial to connect joycons

Hi :blush:
I find a lot of (apparently) outdated tutorials about how to pair joycons with windows and use them in yuzu.
Please let me know what’s the most up-to-date method.
I mean for the main build. I don’t have access to the early build (patrons only).
Thanks
-a-

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

The same method as always. Bluetooth pair to PC and connect it to yuzu. The only thing that has changed is yuzu doesnt require betterjoy it offers native support.

1 Like

Thank you so much :blush:.
you mean that once I pair the joycons using windows BT wizard, yuzu will detect them immediately, right?
Before Betterjoy was kind of an intermediate between windows and yuzu? Did I get that right?
Thanks.

Yeah exactly. We used to need betterjoy or ds4windows to use legacy cemuhookudp for motion.

Now native support is handy so you only need to bt pair and select joycons in the yuzu input device list (hit refresh next to list if it doesnt Immediately appear)

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
Now a little follow up question.
Let’s say I configure controller 1 as dual joycons. Then controller 2 as dual joycons as well (I have 4 joycons total).
Now what if I’d like to play mk8 with 4 players (split screen). I’d need to configure controller 1 to 4 as single joycons?
is there a way to make “profiles” or something like that so I don’t have to reconfigure controllers every time I change game?
please excuse my ignorance.
Best,
-a-

I dont have experience trying multiple joycon pairs same time but at least in regards to making
a controller profile you can do that. You can map whatever you like and near the top right of the input page (next to device list) is ability to add or load or delete profiles. But you will need to load it everytime as atm by design it is set to load default.

1 Like

A thing I do remember for mk8d though to avoid hiccup is once you have all controllers set up and you launch the game, ensure you hit L+R on the last controller setup in the game intro menu. Then you can use player 1 controller to normally navigate to multiplayer. Helps to avoid issue when using multiple controller on mk8d.

1 Like