Moving Citra Game Saves from Ubuntu System to Windows

Hi, I have been playing Pokemon Ultra Sun on my laptop running ubuntu for some time now. Just recently built a beast computer to use, I’d like to transfer all my saves over so I can continue on my new Windows PC.

I was reading various forums and it stated my user folder holds all my save data. I just can’t seem to find that folder on the system, even with hidden folders showing.

I believe i may be running an older version of Citra on the Ubuntu system as it was git cloned.

Looking for help transferring my saves over.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 / Ubuntu
  • CPU: i7 8700k / Unknown trash
  • GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 / Unknown Trash
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly #833 / Citra Master-cf9bfe0-dirty
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

on macOS and Linux, the path is ~/.local/share/citra-emu/. Note that the folder .local is hidden on most machines, so you need to change the configuration to view it. Additionally, the config folder is located in ~/.config/citra-emu/.

I got everything moved over now.

But when I select my game to play it pops up a quick white screen then loads up into a gray screen. I tried disabling Hardware shader also.

Create a new thread, include log, system info, game, citra version, etc.

1 Like