Multicore removed?

Every day I see an update for Yuzu early access, and every day I check Xenoblade 2. Today, it actually started running at full speed, the sound was a bit stuttery, but it ran at 30/29fps up from earlier this week of 20 or so. Also, it let me run the DLC and the update 2.02. It just downloaded a patch to the latest early access build 662 and, Xenoblade 2 won’t run with DLC/Update together anymore and I’m down to 10fps. When I checked, the multicore checkbox is gone. Now everything runs… poorly except Golf Story.

Intel i7 9700k, 32gigs, 2080ti (month old drivers).

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Here is the log file for Golf story, which is running a bit stuttery too. yuzu_log.txt (20.2 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 662 HEAD-4e9aeedb4
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            446.14
Docked Mode                                   [x]
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  High

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Here is the log file for Xenoblade 2, with DLC and update enabled. yuzu_log2.txt (203.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 662 HEAD-4e9aeedb4
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            446.14
Docked Mode                                   [x]
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  High

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I want to play all Xenoblade Chronicle, now I am on Xenoblade Chronicle Definitive Edition (Replay from WII) works nice, but Xenoblade Chronicle 2 with DLC and Update that didn’t work till now on Yuzu Mainline.

Why is core get less MHz in the new CPU’s, I have I7-7700k 4.20GHz but with 4 cores, is it that for more cores you get less MHz per core.

Try now, problem fixed.
@ionelush2001 CPUs can’t push their max frequencies on higher thread use, so if a program uses 4 cores, you will get a lower clock speed compared to another using just a single one. The numbers in the box are usually the worst scenario (base clocks, usually obtainable with bad temperatures and using all cores in the CPU) and highest Turbo clock, that is basically a lie because the CPU will spend very little time at that frequency.

1 Like

The multicore is back, but Xenoblade 2 is back to running 20-25fps and the DLC can’t be loaded with the patch again. Oh well. I guess I’ll go back to trying it everyday until they fix the stuttering audio and get a solid 30fps.

@bigjimmy12 Xenoblade 2 that is a sad story without DLC, me to I will wait for a fix.

Thanks for the info.