Multicore vs Single Core

Honestly I have a lot of time without emulate games. The last emulator that I have been used was Project 64 to emulate N64 games and many others emulator for Ps2 and arcade. In those years when I used to test all kind of emulator I usually like to test different configurations, plugins and different ways to keep the performance in the emulator with the low specs of my computer. The last week I was testing Yuzu 710 release, the emulator is good and with the low specs of my laptop I can run The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening game but with a poorest performance. Checking different configurations I can see that this emulator has more stability in this game with single core configuration ,disabling the multicore support and using OpenGL is not so slow and is stable with fps, vulkan is faster but have frameskip problem and some shaders missing. There is anyway to know what is the problem with multicore CPU Emulation in my computer? I have seen other users emulate these games with fewer requirements.

Computer Specs:
Intel(R) Core i7-7700HQ 2.81Ghz
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 64bits
16 Ram 2444Mhz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
1tb SSD M2.NVME

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Can you run the game for a while and get me a log file? Getting Log Files - yuzu

Of course. This is my log file
yuzu_log.txt.txt (898.4 KB)

Your main issue is the outdated GPU driver, recent changes need the latest one to perform the best.
With the driver updated, try this:
Set multicore to enabled.
Set CPU accuracy to auto (your CPU doesn’t benefit from unsafe).
Enable accelerate ASTC to reduce stuttering when opening the map.
Enable GPU cache garbage collector (newer versions will make this enabled by default).
Use Vulkan.
And finally, apply the stable 60 FPS mod from here: Switch Mods · yuzu-emu/yuzu Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I solved the problem loading the rom from a secondary HD because when I load roms from the primary disk (SSD M.2) the performance is slow.