Multiplayer issues on the same network in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y

Issue:
I have 2 PCs connected to each other and to the internet using a single router. I have managed to connect both PCs using Public and Unlisted rooms and show up in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. The problem is that when I request a trade or a battle from one game and accept on the other, both games go as far as the “Communicating” screen before they give the error: “Communication failed”. One game returns to the previous in-game location and shows that the other one is either currently trading or battling while the second game shows a black screen with background music. Both were limited to 100% speed at all times. Could it be because of the single router or is it something else?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 8.1 (Both PCs)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz (Both PCs)
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (Both PCs)
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1640 (Both PCs)
  • Game: Pokémon X and Pokémon Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Screenshot of citra running Pokémon X, acting as Host in unlisted room. Username: Calem. Requested battle.

Log of citra running Pokémon Y, connected to the Host. Username: Serena. Accepted request. Shows black screen.

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

Log file of citra running Pokémon X, acting as Host in unlisted room. Username: Calem. Requested battle.
citra_log.txt (266.0 KB)

Log of citra running Pokémon Y, connected to the Host. Username: Serena. Accepted request. Showed black screen.
citra_log.txt (186.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1640 HEAD-4f8f8e8
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GT 730/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
GPU Driver Version                            445.75
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I managed to get it to work by using nightly on both PCs. Canary seems to have some issues right now. Problem solved I guess. Well, more of a workaround but at least its working.

1 Like

Yeah we have gotten reports that save states break multiplayer even if you aren’t using them.

Thanks for the update. Very much appreciated. I hope it gets fixed soon.

I’m sorry to bother you. Can you explain me how do you add a friend in pokémon x ? I’d like to enter the friend safari but i don’t have friends.

That’s not enough information. Can you explain what you have already tried.
Also, my problem got solved a long time ago and your problem seems kind of different. Maybe you should try making your own post.
And just in case you are new to this, try reading through the “Network Support” section of the FAQs.