Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
as the title suggests, citra keeps on crashing after a certain period whenever im playing pokemon Y
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
- GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary and Nightly
- Game: Pokemon Y
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (174.6 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
Games crash upon loading in citra. Happens with every game, all in .3ds format.
- OS: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5800X @ 3.80GHz
- GPU: AMD RX 580
- Citra: Nightly 1779
- Game: MH3U, MH4U, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Monkey Ball
citra_log.txt (23.8 KB)
Because your iGPU has driver bugs, you’ll need to use an older version of Citra in order to prevent random freezing and crashing from occurring until you upgrade your hardware:
citra-windows-mingw-20191214-ddb7ead.7z from Release nightly-1392: Merge pull request #5020 from jroweboy/dynamic-mf · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it using Winrar or 7zip. Put the extracted folder anywhere you want. Now run citra-qt.exe from the folder and run your game.
AMD’s new GPU drivers requires a workaround that is only present in Citra Canary for now. Please use that in the meantime.
thank you so much, will keep note of the hardware situation
We have a proper fix in Citra Nightly right now. So it should be safe to update.